Athena speaker ? help

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 13
as i mentioned in my other thread i have the athena asb2 speakers..neways i was at futureshop i was listening to the athena asf2 speakers there... they also had the asb2 like i have at home..all the speakers there play through the same reciever and the same dvd player its a harmon kardon reciever..u just press the button next to the speaker u want to hear... as i was swiching between the asf2 an the asb2 i noticed the asf2 sounded more clearer...sure i understand the asf2 have more bass cuz there towers with 2 woofers....but i dont understand why the asf2 would sound more clearer wen both speakers have the same tweeters..am i wrong to think they should have the same clearness...i ask this cuz i feel sorta like returning my b2's an getting the f2's...i dont realy care much about the bass its the clearness i want most ..help

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 188
Jay...You don't need help. Just get whatever sounds best to you and enjoy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
well even though your trying to be helpfull u still havnt answered my ?....the ? is do tower speakers have more clear sound then the bookshell...is that a technical fact is wat i mean

Silver Member

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 190
I only listened to the AS-B2 for about 30 seconds last year. I can't compare them to the floor speakers.

Silver Member

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 192
Jay...you need to ask Athena about this. www.athenaspeakers.com. They respond VERY quickly and I know they will help you with your decision.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1143
Jay,

I would think it depends on how robust of an amp/receiver you have. If it's a really strong amp putting out quality current then a top-shelf bookshelf and a top-shelf tower by the same manufacturer should differ only in the greater amount of bass extension and SPL offered by the tower.

If it's a mediocre amp/receiver, the bookshelf would probably sound better because it doesn't require as much power as the much bigger tower.

That's all theoretical of course, since I've never thought to compare these two models directly at BB when they used to carry them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
thanks again..but i was comparing the 2 speakers that were hooked up to the same amp at futureshop it was a harmon kardon reciever...im not comparing the sound of my asb2 to the tower speakers at futureshop...i was comparing the asb2 that was at the store with the asf2

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1154
oops, didn't read your first post closely enough, my bad.

What's Future Shop's return policy? If it's a no-hassle, no-restock-fee one like Best Buy's, I'd just put the F2 on my credit card and take it home for a direct side by side comparison and return the B2s if you hear a big difference.

Room accoustics in a huge big-box chain store like FutureShop might well give the bigger speaker an edge especially if it's run by a quality amp (what model HK was it, did you know? My local Fry's uses the flagship 7300 for their speaker room) but in your living room it might be a different story.

Only one way to find out for sure...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us