Focal JMlab Chorus 716 S. Any info?

Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 2
I posted this over in the receiver section also.

I have pretty much decided to go with the NAD 753.
I listened to the NAD/JMlab combo today, and it sounded fantastic, both in music and HT. From this forum, I am well informed on NAD, but JMlab is tough to get feedback on. They seem to be very well built speakers and a tad bit on the bright side, but the NAD really seems to be a great match. I tend to listen to a lot of rock, reggae, and HT, so some brightness never hurt.

(Being a long time Klipsch owner, I also listened to the NAD with the Klipsch Refrence RF-35. Nice bass with full sound, but those new horns to me sounded a little hollow.)

Anyone with any feedback on the JMlab Chorus 716 S speakers? The dealer quoted me $999 for the NAD, $950 for the 716's and $500 for the JMlab matching center. I can prob get him to come down $100 on the Nad and fronts if I buy them all at once.

Thanks!!

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

Post Number: 17
I demo'd the jmlab chorus. They sounded great. Neither exterior color worked in my living room and I decided to spend a little more on different speakers. They are supposed to take for ever to break in but are well made and look cool with the covers off. The center channel is is just about the best in it's price class. You will be able to crank it up with that speaker/receiver combo. You have a solid mid-entry level home theater and music listening set up.

Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 3
Stone -

Which center are you referring to? There are 2 - the 70s and the 700s. I guess bigger is better when it comes to the center speaker.

Thanks for the input.

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

Post Number: 20
The CC 700 S.
I was quoted 450.00 last December, but 995.00 for the 716's. Go figure.
So there is definitely room to maneuver with these speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us