Advice

Anonymous

I am in the market for a system, I am caught between what I like and what I can afford. I have to admit I love great sounding music but very rarely listen to music in the house. Maybe I should set up a system that would be better towards movies. I have seen on here that some of you are quite knowledgable about how to purchase a very good system for very good prices. I have had a problem the only time I bought a display model for electronics so I shy away from them.

The speakers I would like are too costly with everything else I have going on right now. Polk seems to have packages for cheap money that sound ok which would be great for the budget but I think that the Pro Cinema by Def Tech sounds very good on movies and very decent for music. What would receiver suggestions be for the Polk or Def Tech speakers? What price range are they? I would like to try to get the best receiver I can for as little as possible. It is easy to get caught up thinking I need a receiver in the $1000.00 category but I think maybe I can spend less and be happy. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 284
Are you able to visit shops for demo's?

Bronze Member
Username: Rikmeister

Hometown, Pa Usa

Post Number: 14
look on ubid.com for denon they are 699.00 for the 3805 that is a great price and harman kardon sells on ebay 435 or 535 or 635 would be ok for you too. check them out. But go listen to them at a brick and mortar to make sure you would be happy with them.they are well below your budget with the savings get better speakers. remember the receiver is one thing but what you actually hear is from the speaker. do not cheat yourself with a great receiver and shitty speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us