To Andy Summers

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4298

Ashley, do you realize your posts make no sense? Are you serious about all this or are you just making stuff up to mess with this forum? You posted a response on this thread:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/144783.html

that means nothing.

Guy, I've just been attacked on this forum, so I'm not looking to start anything with you. I'm really just curious as to whether you realize how far off you wander.

I know I'm going to regret this.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 152
Jan -

I was thinking about starting the same thread. I've posed the following question a few times -

Is Andy mentally challenged? If he is, I will honestly stop busting his balls.

I do enjoy Andy's incoherent babbling and rambling. It makes me laugh more than anything else on this forum.

My favorite thing is that he is an expert in home theater because he is a "former cinema projectionist for UCI in the UK." My response has been - I bartended in a brew pub while in college, that doesn't make me an expert at brewing beer. My job wasn't brewing beer, and his wasn't setting up the sound system.

I honestly think he means well and is trying to help people, but I do think he is a little 'special.'

Don't regret starting this thread Jan. You have started the inevitable. If you didn't do it, I was going to. If neither of us did it, it would only be a matter of time before someone else did. It was a ticking time bomb.

Andy - HALLO THERE!!!

Bronze Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 46
I have been here a short time and i have already plenty of enimies,but i was chating with the guy last night i thought same thing.What is with this JBL concert speaker thing?

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 610
I have a real problem with this thread since the object of the exercise is to simply attack Andy. I too have problems understanding his posts, but that's for you and me to decipher or ignore. It's not for us to have a go.

Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 2057
I agree with everyone's sentiments regarding Andy, but Frank is right imo.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 505
Jan, as much as I respect your knowledge, I think that this thread is along the lines of the "to the administrator" thread. This has nothing to do at all with speakers or audio and should be removed. That is if we want consistency here. If not then go ahead with the charlatan posts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Yeah Franks right we all have our strange ways,the guy does know a great deal of things about JBL and the history of that company.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4300

Please do not think I wanted this to be a bash Andy thread. As I said, I knew I would regret this. I have no intention of this being anything other than a simple question to Ashley. If it turns into anything more than that I agree it should be withdrawn immediately.

His posts are becoming increasingly erratic with things appearing totally disconnected to the topic. He has every right to post whatever he wants and wherever he wants; but I wondered if he was aware of his disconnects and whether they were intentional. There have been and still are respondents whose only intention is to disrupt the activity of the forum.

This should not become a thread where you can insult Andy. I'm very much in favor of keeping insults off the forum. And if anyone feels this thread is misplaced, please inform the administrators. They will take appropriate action. This was not meant to be a long standing thread when I started.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Well he has been nice to me,there have not been many people nice to me on here.When focuses his attention to atopic he can be very knowledgable. SORRY ABOUT MY WRITING IM WORKING ON IT!

Bronze Member
Username: Vgtvidz

Post Number: 72
Seriously, I don't understand why people are bashing each other, I remember back in november when I posted a picture of my Klipsch woofer (with a scratch) saying that it was my biggest nightmare, Jan didn't like it too much and pretty much told me what he really thought about this =)... anyway, shouldn't we be like a biggg family, I mean, we all seem to have at least one thing in commun, audio.

If you dont agree with someone or you think he's a d*ck, just stop arguing. By this, we will stop polluting the forum.

As for Andy, maybe he thinks he's funny, maybe by doing this thread, he'll continue doing this because he'll see that we actualy care about him, anyway, I'm not sure if you guys get my point, hard to describe what I'm trying to say, I'm just a young frenchie ;)

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4303

I've requested the administrator monitor this thread. If they feel the thread is misplaced or becomes offensive it will be removed.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 546
Hallo there all....

No I'm not in the least offended or upset in fact made my laugh though, has I have been fighting "psoriasis" for 21 years now, and I tend to get a little hype-active.

But not one thing has to do with the other, at rambling, any way take Hollywood actors and actress, when they garb there award "Halle Berry" 2002 what how long did it last for longer than the end credits on superman the movie that's for sure.

As to decipher what I'm saying, or doing the best to put it over, to you guys is a challenge for me as I never did well at school in reading and writing, and though I'm not embarrassed to admit to it, as for some I know do not underestimate the person your are talking to, has for some that I have come across, not on this forum, in public that say I don't care how well the cinema sound is from a manager I don't believe I'm hearing that.

And back to this guys it can end hear, now or it can go on, as for the comic jokes made towards you Jan, I do apologise for that and will Jan you should Know that Hi-Fi and home cinema is all politics' ask talk to some projectionists about sound some will say nothing at and some will be open about it....

Its how I feel guys, deeply down I do care about the home cinema market, and for some that use mismatched loudspeakers for the front will not benefit from it, no matter what make or model loudspeakers they have chosen, my best friend uses B&W and they sound grand for what they can do and not do.

So lets keep this one going or it can end hear, fat chance of that happening, Jan, it can stay open or it can be closed its up to you guys, its up to you.....

Silver Member

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 161
Andy -
Hallo There!!!

We love you!!! Thanks for all of your wisdom, kindness, and sense of humor.

Silver Member

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 162
Reading that, it seems a little sarcastic. This is not my intention. I was being genuine.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4304

OK, as long as you know you don't always make sense. Post away.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1014
I would however ask you to restrict the pictures to certain threads. Not because they bother me but because if any of us post between these pictures it is easy to lose valuable info. The pictures tend to overwhelm a thread and make it more difficult to identify other posts. Other than that we all have to admit to being a little different. I mean look at what we spend our time doing. My co workers look at me like I'm nuts relative to this audio thing. I won't even go into the looks I get from my wife. Andy I'm glad you're a member of our community.

Silver Member

Post Number: 548
Thank Stu And to you Jan, as well, its not easy for me to put into words every day, and even at the easiest of times, though I give it my best.

I can't think of other word, what do they call this writes block?
I think so, I'll come up with something, and yes where all special, and if I could wish for a better education with reading and writing, would that make me a different person to the one that I have found?

It's a puzzle, a big mystery, so thank you, there is no doubt I and some one else will be getting some stick form a nice guy that surely hates me wow, it will be entertaining though, I look forward as sticks & stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me....

Catch you on the flip side later.....

Anonymous

Jan. Jan. Jan. You are the answer to a question no one bothered to ask, the pedantic ants at metaphorical picnic, and a guy who spends more time on these boards ragging on other's opinions about hifi gear than you do actually listening to hifi gear.

Unlike Andy, you are unaware that you make no sense when you post--you start threads bashing fellow posters...and then claim that's precisely what you didn't set out to accomplish. Next, you'll complain that you've somehow become a magnet for abuse. Gee, go figure.

Borrowing a page from your playbook: I didn't plan to call Jan a prat, but he somehow backed into that description...

Silver Member

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 174
That's really un-called-for. Even if you are right, Jan got his a few days back. We were letting Andy know how much we enjoy his presence, and you had to throw negativity into the mix.

Next time, at least say who you are.

Stu-Pid's Mom
Unregistered guest
You got it.

Silver Member

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 176
It's pretty funny when a guy who call's himself Stu Pitt isn't the most immature person here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 551
Arr, if you what to bite someone's head off mate hear I am, though I'm not going say a whole lot except, do you like Hi-Fi & Home cinema, music etc, and if so you know the score with me, so lets all talk, and be reasonable or we can start trowing rocks, using pipes, belts, yeah lets have one all rumble Jets vs.. Sharks?

Gold Member

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 2062
Well, contrary to where I thought this thread might go, it has at least brought some issues out into the open and given us a better understanding a fellow forum member.

Although I did not agree with this thread of Jan's, I do honestly believe there was no malice in his intent other than to make sense of some of Andy's posts - and I sure couldn't also. Now that things are clearer I shall make a better effort to understand Andy's posts and responses but hope he keeps his annoying pics and cuss words to a minimum.

Andy - about the pics, remember not everyone has broadband yet so too many graphics on a page can be very frustrating for some. So post away Andy :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 554
What's this forum about any way, Audio & Visual sight & sound, and using both elements to combine, sorry I haven't slept in just over 24Hrs ......

Gold Member

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 2068
Andy,

Lie down, shut your eyes and count JBL's.

Silver Member

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 182
That's great!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us