NAD Parts Source?

Bronze Member
Username: W9cw

Post Number: 13
I have an NAD 7100X Monitor series receiver which has a few problems. I need to find two new 10,000 uf @ 80VDC electrolytics, and the PC board-mount speaker relays are intermittent. The relays are manufactured by Takamishawa, 2 ea. VS24MB's and 1 ea. VS12MB.

Any ideas on parts sources? NAD is no help, as they will only allow distributors to buy parts, or want you to send the product to one of the authorized service centers, such as United Radio in Syracuse, NY.

As a technician myself, I "know" what the problem is, as I have already troubleshot the problem - I just need to find a source for the parts.

Tnx,
Don

Silver Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 391
Don,

I have been through similar problems. The Scandinavian NAD distributor, AudioNord, in Denmark, used to own NAD, and can supply ALL components, they tell me. They also know tons, can supply service manuals, etc. It is unfortunate these people operate only in geographical territories.

However, as you will know, there is absolutely no reason to stick with the original component manufacturer. I fixed my NAD reciever with a "third party" electrolytic capacitor and diode bridge rectifier for the DTS/AC3 board, both of which a local component dealer had in stock. I forget the maker, but it really does not matter. When you get to components, all that matters is the spec. The things themselves mostly cost almost nothing. the dealers are usually surprised at "Quantity: one" but they have a unit price and that is that.

I can tell you my components supplier, www.elfa.com, but that chances are you have a company like that near to home.

Tell me - how can you easily test a capacitor?

I have a great NAD 1000 pre-amp, but the left channel of the CD input (only) fails when its warmed up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us