Wharfedale Diamonds in Beech?

Bronze Member
Username: Goose

Post Number: 78
I just acquired some Diamond 8.4s in Maple (with Champagne baffle), but have encountered some spousal disapproval of the colour of the finish (even though I showed her pictures before I bought them). I notice that various Wharfedale sites and vendors are advertising a new Beech finish, but I cannot find any pictures on the web. Has anyone seen it and can complete this sentence?

The Wharfedale Diamond Beech finish is the same colour as __________________ speakers, which are pictured at this website: ______________________. The baffle is __________ in colour.

Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
OK, call off the search! I managed to find some pictures posted by someone selling some Diamond 8.3s in Beech (kindly point out to me by someone at the AVForums site). For the record, Wharfedale's Beech is a very pale wood colour, more like what is generally called maple (Wharfedale's maple being quite a bit darker and more orangey).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Further to this topic, I have now been told that, as a guide, the Diamond Beech is the same as the Mission M3 series Beech, and the Diamond Maple is a bit lighter than the M3 series Cherry (the latter certainly seems to hold true, if the pictures on the Mission site are accurate).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us