Musical Fidelity A5 or Arcam A90?

Bronze Member
Username: Timinlex

Post Number: 13
Like that both have a "HT Direct" (HT bypass) input so they can integrate into my HT system. My goal is a really fine two channel sound that lives ontop of my 5.1 HT setup.

Will be auditioning both over next few days. Most likely will pair with Thiel 1.6's

I listen to rock/pop, have a small room, and prefer a warm sound, and desire good imaging and soundstage. Thoughts/

Rudy67
Unregistered guest
Hi, I'm also looking for a new integrated and listened to some amplifiers and have the same goal as you. I really liked Unison Unico and MF A5. I have to audition these 2 again because the price tag of the A5 is almost double of the Unico. The HT direct is really nice but if the sound isn't that much better it's not worth the 1400$ extra. What's your opinion on the A5. BTW I have JMLab Cobalt 815.

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 361
I really love the Unison Unico its great,but the A5 is one of the best amps i've heard regardless of price and for that matter the Unico is to,but the A5 is amazing.I have the X-150 and it really is great for the money right on par with the Unico,but I bought it before the A5 came out.2 more contenders to check out the Moon I3,and Odyssey Tempast preamp and Stratos amp is a amazing value.www.odysseyaudio.com

Unregistered guest
Replacing ol' HK6600 (90w,ch) and was attracted to NAD (perhaps c352 80w,ch). I am interested in options, I do love the HK, but she's a little tired. I am using B&W 602's, but have 603's on another system I can change over to suit the amp I choose. The old Yamaha cdx-530 is starting to play up too, so I have to replace that too some time soon. (thanks, bit of a learner really).

Rudy67
Unregistered guest
Tawaun, thanks for your reply!
Andy, I auditioned the Nad C352, mainly as reference because I'm using NAD T760 as surround. It's a good amp, but not in the same league as the UNICO and A5 (which should be normal because of the much higher prices)

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1296
The new MF A3.5 is an amp to contend with, give it a listen, you will be pleasantly surprised. It also has the home theater bypass.

Bronze Member
Username: Lagomatic

Brisbane, Queensalnd Australia

Post Number: 14
The Naim Nait 5i has also a home theatre bypass and is a lovely amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Lagomatic

Brisbane, Queensalnd Australia

Post Number: 15
Having said that, I don't think I'll ever use the home theatre bypass or as Naim call it Unity Gain as movies sound pretty good just through the Niat 5i and 2 speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us