Pioneer DV-578as

Username: Anthonyiosos

Post Number: 1
I currently have a onkyo 601, PLK R30s(front), PLK R15(back), PLK CS2(center) and PLK PSW303(subwoofer). I currently use Panasonic 25s dvd player but wanted to upgrade to a DVD-Audio player, because of the 5.1 out.

Is the Pioneer dv578as worth a shot, considering its such a good price. I have looked at others like onkyo dvsp502, pan dvd-f87s, and denon dcm380. Would really appreciate feed back , and if any one has the unit tell me what u think.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbecvar

Post Number: 40
As a starter to both dvd-a and sacd, it's pretty good for the price. Plus you get a decent dvd player with it too. I had it for around two weeks, then took it back to get a Denon 3910. Personally I didn't like it because to me it sounded like it had anemic bass. I would suggest that you try it out with a dvd-a or sacd in the store if you could, or go to Circuit City to buy it because if you don't like it you can return it within 30 days no questions asked.

Username: Anthonyiosos

Post Number: 2
I work at Circuit City, so I get a good deal on the product. I decided on trying the pioneer out of the onkyo cd player(so sacd). Seems the Onkyo DX-C390 cd player has some good reviews. What do you think?

The problem with products lately is they are made very cheap. Look at sony's SACD players in the past few years they were great, now they are made with cheap materials. Same with the pioneer.

Username: Aa6us

Ontario, CA USA

Post Number: 1
My preamp malfunctioned and it's in for repair. I plugged my Pioneer 578AS all-disc player straight into my Rotel RB1090 two-channel stereo amplifier, but the volume is too low. The menu on the 578 has me a little confused. Is there a volume control somewhere in that menu for straight analog stereo output to my Rotel so I can raise the sound level maybe ten or fifteen dB?
Larry, AA6US
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us