Receiver Volume

Anonymous

Just bought a Pioneer 912. Is it normal with such receivers to have to turn the volume up well passed "50" to get any decent sound level out of it?? Thanks for the help.

Bronze Member
Username: Harbolt

Arlington, TX U.S.

Post Number: 57
NO, not usually. I keep my stereo around -40 db for listening to music and cds and about -15 db for movies. +50 sounds a little high for me.

Brent

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 269
I assume you mean -50 as no receiver has a volume of +50db. Yes, that is normal. For two channel cd listening in direct mode my setting is usually between -20 and -25. Don't worry about it, just turn it up and enjoy.

Anonymous

actually this is same question but for different brand. Is it normal for nad t752 to turn the volume up to 0dB to +5dB on DVDs to get any decent sound level? My room is only 12'x18'. thanks

Anonymous

BTW, Im not the anon who started this thread.

Username: Dom_r

Post Number: 1
I need a new receiver.I may purchase the Sony-STR-DE695 Home Theater receiver.Although I only have 2 speakers and will only be using my cd player with this receiver.Considering that I will only be using 2 speakers with this home theater receiver,would a non-home theater receiver with 2 speaker outputs feature better sound quality compared to this home theater unit?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us