Klipsch 5800

ga222222
Unregistered guest
I'm mounting some klipsch 5800 in wall speakers in my basement walls. They are framed with 2x4 with a 1inch gap between the back side of the stud and the concrete wall. There is no insulation in any of the walls. Should I seal the gap between the stud and concrete with say, expanding foam to create a single cavity and maybe add some fiberglass insulation below and above the speaker location?Also maybe provide a barrier between the insulation and speaker area with some cardboard? What size box area with-in the cavity should I leave for the speaker? Is ther a calculation? Acoustics? Boominess? or should I do nothing and let the whole wall act as a chamber? Suggestions or experiences please. I have a drop ceiling (8ft)and the room is 20x40

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 725
Might want to post it on www.audioaylum.com on speaker section.

If you make a box, they will sound better - and there is a way to calculate the size, but I don't know.

Guys in there probably can help you with that.

Have you heard Niles audio and MB Quart speakers? I think they sound better my self - since this is a final speaker selection for you, you might want to seek out even better alternatives, before putting in all that work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us