Help finding a receiver

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 181
ok, i'm looking for a receiver that has low THD at high (low) impedences. My speakers are rated at 4ohms and I was looking at the HK-3480 until someone said that 0.2THD is noticable. I want the receiver to have a subwoofer out aswell. I was going to go with the NAD C162 / NAD C272 combo, but then i realized that it didn't have a subwoofer out anywhere in the configuration. My budget as of now is about $1200, but i would be willing to save up more for a better receiver or configuration. Please help! :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
Just a note, the configuration / receiver is for 100% music.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1243
The C162 doesn't have a specific sub out, so I use one set of the pre outs for the sub. Sounds far better this way than using a sub out. The key is that the C162 has 2 sets of pre outs. I really enjoy my C162 I'm sure you will too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
wouldn't that mean that the whole signal is being passed to the sub? and wouldn't that mean that the sub is reproducing more than just the lows, i didn't think that was a good thing..?

Username: Devils_advocate

Post Number: 3
As long as you set the crossover on the subwoofer appropriately, you'll be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1244
DA is correct Dustin. Then you just have one crossover working, the one on the sub. Cleaner and better sounding. Even if you had an AVR I would still use this method to hook up the sub, especially since music is your priority. Trust me Dustin get the components you want and don't look back.

Bronze Member
Username: Rikmeister

Hometown, Pa Usa

Post Number: 30
did you look at a marantz they had the sr8400 at great prices. it is being discontinued.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us