Who has probs with bose

Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 3
hey guys..1 of im kinda a newbie to speakers and stuff..about a year ago i went to futureshop here in vancouver canada.i told the sales guy there i wanted some good speakers and he showed me the bose little cube speakers the 6series i think. that was the 1 time i ever heard of bose ..neways i bought them that day brought them home hooked it up to a sony reciever thats about 3yrs old an that i still own.so i plugged them in an put on some movies to try out i realy liked the clarity and base in the system i put movies like ;saving private ryan etc.sounded awsome to my ears.there was this 1 movie i cant realy rememebr the name of it i think it was 'water world' some big bugdet movie that didnt do good in the box office neways there was this 1 scene in the ocean that i swear the water sounded like it was in my living room i was soo stunned that i called some family members to hear this scene again they heard it also and they couldnt believe it either it was realy amazing to us im not even exaggerating.but i ran into some financial trouble so i had to return the speakers but i vowed to by these again.1 year later though i could only afford to by athena speakers i had the asf2 too big so i traded them in for 4 asb2 bookshelfs and 1 asc1 centre..although the athena's sound realy good i dont get that sound of the water in my living room like the bose did.and im still using the same sony reciever.i dont realy understand nething about mid-high-low range at all but i do know the bose sounded excellant the athena's i have sound very good also but not that crisp clear as the bose did .maybe i have to break them in like it says to 'the athena's' to get that clear crisp bose sound i heard b4..i REALLY dont understand how theres ppl that say the bose sound like crap that they sound like a cheap brand 'thats ridiculous' i think.fine say that bose is overpriced but not that they sound like crap.wen i hear that they sound like crap from these kinda forums makes me believe SOMETIMES that those bad comments ppl make about bose are being paid for by bose competitors.i hope im wrong though but it realy doesnt make ne sence to me at all.neways im happy with my athena's rite now cuz they do sound realy good for wat i paid ..

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 148
The thing is......you said you are new to this and most on these boards have listened, owned (or both), many speaker systems and equipment over many years. When I first started, I thought that Cerwin Vega was the best thing I ever heard in speakers but that was because I had no other reference. You will find that with time, this will change and so will your tastes in audio equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 786
Ironically, when I see members with low post counts (or anonymous posters) praise Bose, I wonder if they are paid by Bose! :-)

This happenned recently on a web store's users-review site, where some anonymous posters starting bashing a new Klipsch product, comparing unfavorably to Bose. The problem is that they posted before the product even began shipping!

Hey Danman, are you in Quebec City? Which part?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 121
What's Ironic about that Peter?

The more likely scenario, outside of the one you mention, is that people purchase the $1000 speakers and are shocked to hear what posters have to say in this and other boards about Bose. So they post their comments.

I have a good friend who went to engineering school with the son of Mr. Bose, and I'm sure now works with his father. I pestered him for years to see if he could get him to get me some Bose speakers as "demo" units for free. Nothing doing. So BOSE SUCKS!!

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 789
What's Ironic about that Peter?

That the initial post fits my description a little. But I don't think that's the case. Someone paid by Bose wouldn't say they were overpriced! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 149
Hi Peter. I live in Sept-Iles. I just noticed that you are not that far. I recently returned from there as I am involved in Karate along with my son and there was a tourney there. Great fun!

Post Number: 4
well i just purchased the p300 athena woofer yesterday i put on the matrix it sounds ok ..i have the asb2 bookshelfs as fronts an asc1 as centre..honestly it still does not have that bose sound..i get much better sound wen im wachin a movie with the asb2 sounding only it sounds more clear more action like...wen i put for the suround sound i dont realy like the way all the sound comes more outa the centre channel it makes most of the sound come outa there only and the movie sounds dull like that ...maybe i dont have it set up rite..can some1 help me.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 798
Whoa there Danman. Paul is gonna get you for that. Oh by the way, I agree with you.

Post Number: 5
nobody seems to be responding to my ? on my post

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 874
er, what WAS your question anyways?

Here's a friendly tip: try to make shorter paragraphs, i.e. use the friggin' RETURN key and capitalize the first letter of the first word of each sentence, for Chrissakes. That initial post was just one big illegible BLOB.

as to why so many people have trouble with Bose, this should shed some light on that:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=343759&highlight=bose

Lots lots more of where that came from, on any audio forum just do a search for "Bose."

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3152
If you like Bose, that is wonderful! We all have our preferences, there really is no need to understand. It is like when somebody asks "What is Jazz?" or "Soul", if you have to ask you wouldn't understand. Just enjoy what you like and move on.

Post Number: 6
its not that im all soo crazy bout bose its just ppl say it sounds like crap wen thats not true ..brands like quest etc sound not soo good ..

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 792
Quest is far from an audiophile brand, is it?

Look Jay, if Bose were happy to sell a budget system as such we would all be happy to leave them alone. However, they make people believe they are the best in the industry by spending huge amounts of money on marketing. They say "Better sound through research" but actually it's "Better sales through marketing".

Danman, nice to have you here! Feel free to let me know the next time you're in town!

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 790
Great Line!

"They say "Better sound through research" but actually it's "Better sales through marketing".

I love it.

Post Number: 7
well 1 thing about bose i have noticed myself was wen i went to futureshop here in canada..i was looking at the bookshelfs there i was opening the grills to most of them wen i opened the bose grill on there bigger bookshelf i dont rememeber the model to it..i did notice the woofer was made of wat apeared to feel an look like such CHEAP material.that part i do agree with these forums there made of cheap stuff but they do still sound pretty good

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 796
I had one little Bose speaker I really liked many moons ago. I was between systems and needed something to tide me over and so I bought a pair of Bose Roomates and a heavy duty Radio Shack portable radio with a CD player. The Bose roomates were a powered speaker system much like you see for computers now, but this was before that phenomena. The Roomates came with wall mounts and the whole nine yards. They sounded pretty darn good at low to medium volumes for the price. It was the last time (and perhaps the first) I saw a Bose product that represented a good value.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us