Carrying a Manufacturers Line

Username: Inhome

Dade City, FL United States

Post Number: 1
About a year ago I started in the home networking business, then added strucutred wiring, security, Central Vacuum. Now customers are starting to ask me about distributed audio, and home theater products. These are very simple home theater systems, what I would refer to as living room systems. My customers want to enjoy their sound experience, but aren't going to plunk down 10,000 dollars either. Most don't understand the idea of the amp, pre/pro setup, in fact I didn't till recently. What I need is a good mid value line. I was excited about NAD. They receive great reviews from the Magazines. Their bugs worry me. An unhappy customer experience is bad for business. I like the Marantz, but not sure I would be able to carry the line. Denon seems to have a good reputation, but the product line is easily carried. I need to set myself apart with a higher quality product, and better service. Rotel and Integra are other possibilities. There seems to be a lot of knowledge in this group. If you were starting a mid level custom integration company, which direction would you want to go?

anonymist
Unregistered guest
Whatever line you choose, make sure that they do not restrict you to certain models and that you have easy return privilages on an unwanted unit. Some companies do try to unload their "lemon" models on smaller dealers. Also it is important to be sure to get the complete details on dealer cost. Make sure you are paying no more than anyone else in your volume buying catagory. If the manufacturer treats you well it is easy for you to do the same for your customer. Before I retired I had many of the top lines in home and pro audio. Some were very good in many ways, but never in all. I was not a dealer for NAD, but always liked the product line for its sound vs price and its less well known name. Do check out pro audio lines as well. And Good Luck to you! It can be a fun business.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us