New/Used Rega Turntable

Ben Davis
Unregistered guest
Now that I finally have most of my system up and running (I got my McIntosh MA6100 fixed and bought a pair of Green Mountain Audio Europas along with cables), I am looking to put the complete it with a decent turntable.
I have a very strict budget, I woud like to spend less than $400 and I can absoutely not spend any more than $500 on the turntable, arm, and cartridge. Already I have spent a lot more than I planned on this stereo so I would like to keep the turntable reasonable price wise so I have some money to spend on music.

I have been looking a lot on the internet, Rega tables were recommended to me and they seem to be nearly the end all of budget tables. After deciding on a Rega table (almost, the only other I would probably consider would be a Pro-ject 1 xpression) there is still a lot of choice to be made. Within my price range I can probably afford a new NAD 533, used Rega p2, or used Rega Planar 3. I want a table with good dynamics that is very lively and not dead sounding. I am a little wary buying used but if I could do much better with the Planar 3 or p2 than the new NAD, I would do it.
Which of these would be best for my needs? I would probably need to buy a cartridge if I went the used Planar 3 or p2 route, any suggestions?

Thanks.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

There is little to go wrong on any of these turntables. By the best used table you can afford. It will probably come with a cartridge.

Username: Belmont

Long beach, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
Ben,

Would reccommend the Rega...whichever model fits your budget. Set it up with a good cartridge & enjoy the music.

I just purchased a P2 new w/Sumiko Blue Point Special cartridge & it rocks!

Username: Grumnut

Brisbane, Qld Australia

Post Number: 1
Audio-Technica make pretty decent cartridges (particularly moving - coil) and if you can get it fitted with a Van den Hul stylus, you've got something pretty good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us