Newbie Speaker/Receiver/Ohms Question

T762 User
Unregistered guest
I have the NAD T762 which says to set the front speaker as small if it has deep-bass response below 80hz.
I have infinity prelude P-FR front speakers. The spec sheet lists impedance at 6 ohms, amp requirements at 10-150w at 8 ohms,

Really a bit confused, I did a quick search but figure someone can give me an answer even faster. Do I set the receiver at small or large?

Thanks for any help..by the way, any opinions on this speaker/receiver set-up?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 354
you should look at the spec sheet of the speakers that deals with the "frequency response", I believe yours would be: 80Hz-22kHz +/-3dB. This should be the operating frequency of your speakers and make your adjustments according to that.
Some would actually set the receivers according to how they like the sound. Setting the receiver to small would keep the receiver from sending out signals in the lower spectrum to your speakers and on large, it would send out all the available frequency of the audio source to the speakers. I oversimplified it but, that's about the gist of it. experiment and enjoy!
cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 18
If you're talking about the speaker settings on the receiver, set it to small if you're using a subwoofer and set the crossover point to 80Hz or 100Hz (if your speakers go down to only 80Hz as Berny notes). If you're not using a subwoofer, then set the speaker settings to large. BTW, you should really be using a sub if the speakers only go down to 80Hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us