Samsung DLP Red/Green shadows in low light

Username: Jp009

Post Number: 1
I saw previous messages from two people who have had the exact problem as I now have with my Samsung 46" DLP TV, yet I did not see anyone respond to either of their messages. They both used the exact same image image to describe their problem, and I think that this precisely describes what's happening - low light, red and green in the shadows. I have a new color wheel in, but have not yet replaced the bulb. Before I do that, I am wondering whether it is worth fixing. Does anyone have any idea what this might be, and any experience with cost/method of repair? Upload}

Username: Franke

Gilbert, AZ USA

Post Number: 1
Same problem with my 46" HL-R4667w. Color wheel broke up(new style) & I replaced it with a known-good old style wheel (noisy) and TV works great. Ordered a new wheel(new style)and it works with green in the shadows like yours (no reds?). Put old syle wheel back in, works great. I changed the position sensor from the old broken wheel to the new part, same problem. It appears it's a bad color wheel, but not sure why? Partstore.com won't replace it since I took more than 30 days to call!!! Any help anyone? There is a single OD green section of the wheel. I'm guessing that the tv is supposed to blank video during that section?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us