Psb B25 vs kef Q1

Username: Malco49

Post Number: 5
going to get one or the other(i think) to go with
a cambridge AZUR 540A-integrated amp for two speaker set up.smallish room.they both sounded great.the PSB's super warm.
any thoughts on which would be better with AZUR.
wont be listening super loud.all types of music.
thanks
malco

Username: Angsumanroy

Post Number: 6
I have the kef q compact. I like it very much it's a detailed sound without being too fatigueing. I never heard the psbs. Honestly go with what you like the best in terms of sound.

Somed00d
Unregistered guest
I own the same Amp, and have owned the PSB Image 2b ( the model before the b25).

I however had to get rid of the PSB's because of sever cabinet resonances. It drove me out of the room and eventually I replaced them with Ascend Acoustics CBM-170.

Ahh the Ascends sounded much cleaner- but they werent as invovling as the PSB's. I felt the Ascends were a good match with the Cambrdige and this amp was able to control the aerogel woofers of the Ascends.

Right now I own the PSB stratus mini's, which have the clean sound of the AScends, while being much more engaging.

Overall, I dont think I could live the 2b's at this date and time- the tweeter would probably be too bright ( especially in the small room im using). Id also listen to see if the b25's have the same cabinet problems as the 2b's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us