Please help with poorly recorded CD's!!

Username: Stu_pitt

Pakistan

Post Number: 1
Sorry if this is off topic, I didn't know where to post it. Does anyone have any experience with music re-mastering software? One I've seen advertised is Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2005. It claims to remove hissing, crackling, etc.

My problem is that I have a lot of classic rock on CD that sounds horrible. The best guitar player of all time - Jimi Hendrix - has to be the worst recorded/mixed music ever, including the re-mastered stuff. Are You Experienced? and Electric Ladyland (Re-mastered) are my two favorite and worst sounding CD's. Volume jumps all over, in half of the songs 90% of the material is in one channel, hissing... I could go on all night. Shouldn't there be a law against music this good sounding this bad? Has anyone heard a clean sounding version of Voodoo Child or Purple Haze in the last 30 years, or am I on crack? With music that sounds this bad, it almost makes me want to sell my gear (NAD components & PSB speakers) and get KLH stuff. At least then it won't sound as bad. Maybe I'm going to far, but you get my idea.

BTW, a lack of funds won't allow me to buy a high end turntable and replace all of my classic rock cd's (about 200) with good quality original vinyl pressings.

I would greatly appreciate any help on the matter!!!

Username: Dereko

Post Number: 1
hello,

I can help you
dj_derek_2000_1999@yahoo.com

Bronze Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 85
Speaking of CD recordings...Is it my imagination (or my CD player) or are the newer CD's mixed hot...Seems like they are very bright. My Vinyl LPs sound a lot better.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 610
Depends on what you listen to Rick. I am listening to Dave Holland "Prime Directive" on ECM and it sounds fantastic. Certainly alot of rock or pop is recordings sound bright. Most of the jazz and classical that I buy sounds great.

Bronze Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 86
Yea, Rock and Pop, That's what I'm buying. I have an older RCA CD player with a NAD C370 and Athena AS-F2 speakers. Would a higher quality player...NAD, Cambridge, etc. compensate for this or at least be more balanced?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us