Turntable Instruction Manual

Username: Tino

Bethesda, MD USA

Post Number: 1
I have an old ONKYO CP 1000A turntable. I do not have the owners manual that came with it. Does anyone know where I could get one? Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3922

Try an Onkyo service center. If it is available, it can be ordered.

Bethesda, MD USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks. I had already contacted ONKYO and it is no longer available. What I really want to do is replace the belt. I believe that is what it is. It looks like a large rubber band and no longer fits tightly around the platter anymore. Also I wanted to learn how to use the nob on the rear of the tonearm. I think it is a weight of some sort. Sorry if I am not using the right terms. Very new at all this terminology. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 347
you can get the belt here :http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LG&Product_C ode=ONK1000 as far as the knob goes, it is a tracking force adjustment and depending on the cartridge it probably needs adjusting. Check to see what needle you have or maybe replace it from that same store. I have dealt with alex alot and he is very fair.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3924

The belt replacement usual entails removing the plater by pulling straight up on the plater itself. There are often two holes in the top of the platter that are visible when the mat is removed. Use these for leverage. There may be a C clip which holds the platter to the main bearing shaft. This must be removed carefully so it doesn't fly off into another universe.

Once the platter is off, the belt is wrapped around the underside of the platter drive surface and as the platter is lowered back into place on the bearing shaft, the belt is stretched over the motor bearing.

The tonearm is balanced by rotating and/or pulling the counterweight to a point where the tonearm is in equilibrium. At this point the tone arm will float with equal weight in front and behind the main tonearm bearing; it should be level across its length and parallel to the platter surface. Turn only the downforce dial to "0" and that references the tonearm to equal balance or "0" downforce. Now turn the entire counterweight until the desired tracking force (let's say 1.5 grams) is at the top of the tonearm. The front of the tonearm should sink to the platter and that should get you in the ballpark of the right downforce. For the best results a tracking force gauge should check the balance.

Bethesda, MD USA

Post Number: 3
Thanks very much for the info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us