Which equipment to purhcase ???

Username: Dugas

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a new home that is wired for speakers. 5.1 system in the family rm and 5 rooms of stereo with vol/cont. The rooms of stereo are all looped together. So @ my family rm media niche I have one 4-conductor(16-gauge) for all my rooms of stereo. OF-course all my family rm surround speakers are homeran. I have a TV and a dvd player. I know I have to purchase a A/V reciever. Will a yamaha 2500 be enough to power my family rm and rooms of stereo??. Also is there any other equipment I need to buy? Any help would be great.........Thankyou

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 124
If I understand you right, then any of the decent 2 zone amps should do well. Definitly the 2500 will be good. Also denon 2805 or 3805 or Marantz 7300, 7400, 8400 and some HK units. Part of it depends on speakers you want to buy also

Post Number: 2
Thankyou for your reply.....The speakers are all ceiling mounted klipsch SCR2. .......If I understand you I should purchase the 2500 and a two zone amp........or just the 2500 will be enough for the family rm and the other rooms???

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 125
No the unit will handle 2 zones by itself. You just run your 5.1 set to zone 1 and your room speakers to zone 2. Here is the manual if you want to see further.

http://www.abtelectronics.com/images/products/BDP%20Images/RXV2500_om.pdf

Post Number: 3
that answers my question..........thankyou!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us