REL Strata III vs Strata 5 or Stampede

Username: Ghiacabriolet

NC

Post Number: 3
I'm thinking of purchasing a used Strata III but just found out about the new REL subs, Strata 5 and Stampede. The Stampede seems to be sized closer to the Strata III powerwise while the Strata 5 is more powerful. Both the new models have remote control configuration which seems particularly useful for setup.

The Strata III gets rave reviews for music (my primary concern) which is why I'm considering it.

Questions:

1. I can get the used Strata III for $500 less than what Tweeter sells the new one for. What are cons of buying used sub vs new?

2. Does anyone know of dealer for the new models, Strata5 and Stampede? I don't see it at Tweeter ( I'd hate to have to buy from them anyway). Has anyone seen pricing for these models?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 165
Ghia,

REL subs are superb for music only systems. Accurate, fast transients, and very tight sounding. If you can purchase a used one in great condition, for a fair price, go for it. I don't think you can go wrong.

P.S. Welcome to the board.

Username: Ghiacabriolet

NC

Post Number: 5
I'll be checking out the used Strata III this week. I'm pretty sure I'll get it...just got a little sidetracked by the news of the Strata 5 and Stampede.

Thanks for the welcome! I have a thread in the DVD-A forum Plunging into Multichannel
about what I'm considering to get into multichannel. I welcome and appreciate any comments or insight you might offer.

cyrus
Unregistered guest
IF you put the subwoofer too loud, and after there is no sound, is there a way to fix it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us