Little Sub Help

CBing1
Unregistered guest
Has anyone have any experience with the M&K MX105 or any of the M&K subs. There is a refurbished MX 105 for $500 (originally $1000) on their website. If the M&K doesnt work out ill probably be going with a HSU VTF-2 MKII or a SVS PB10. I will mostly be using this sub for music (80/20). It makes sense to figure the M&K should be a better sub because its original price is double the SVS and HSU, but I know you cannot assume too much from prices. Any help or guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 332
CBing1

Check into the M&K carefully most home cinema users blow most of there sub bass units before you can say Armageddon!

And although I have had the JBL 4645 up to 120dbC weighting that's loud and tells me she is a contender, with slam kick rumble and deep, deep, deep depths of low end that I have experienced only in THX sound system cinemas, pucker man!

http://www.jmgkorea.com/page/cinema%20solution/4645c.htm

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 437
Andy, since I grew up in Brum, I have the knowledge that England (god bless her) is so far behind the States in technology and product. I feel like you may have quite a knowledge of local systems but you have never really tasted the fruits of "American power". That sub you have, although not bad, has nothing on a rigid cone, long throw woofer with high headroom. Also I hate to see all that equipment go to waste on those tiny little control's. You'd be better off with some s38II's for the fronts and get a pair of studio series subs from jbl. Then you'd really pucker man. BTW I run one ten inch subwoofer in my vehicle that almost breaks the 140bd barrier by itself. There is a reason most newer subwoofers for theater are not paper and usually are 12" or smaller. A paper woofer 18" wide is just not rigid enough to be as accurate as some of the newer materials on the market.
I do like your admiration for JBL though, that is what I run you know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us