Muffled audio Pioneer Elite 54tx

Username: Canadanno

Plano, TX

Post Number: 1
I am having trouble with the DVD audio on my new 54tx. We watch directv with volume in the -30 to -34 range but when we watch DVD's the dialog comes out muffled; we have to up the volume in the -19 to -24 range to hear the dialog. I've reviewed the manuals and checked different settings and everything looks okay to me. I've even tried 3 different DVD players. HELP

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3834

Assuming this is happening only on DVD input, have you gone through the set up menu on the DVD player(s)? Check your speaker set up for the DVD player itself and then check all the required outputs to send the signal to the chosen inputs (analog in, coaxial, optical, etc.) on the receiver. Have you contacted the dealer where you purchased the unit? If this is just a matter of having to raise the volume level to get a comfortable volume, this is not a fault of the DVD player. Most sources have slightly varying amounts of output voltage. Raising the volume slightly between sources is not uncommon.

Username: Madgsf

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5
I have noticed the same thing on my 54TX. Also some DVDs are "louder" than others. I have not worried about it is as Jan said different sources usually have different output levels.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us