New System

Bronze Member
Username: Crl21

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 12
I just purchased my first stereo system. I'm pretty darn excited about it. I've been waiting to do this for over a year now. I wonder if anyone has any comments. Of course, I was on a budget like most. Here's the setup.

Arcam CD73T
Arcam A65 Plus
Paradigm Minimonitors

I'm connecting them with AudioQuest Sidewinders and Linn K400 speaker wire.

In the shop the stuff sounded so clear. I started out auditioning NAD equipment with the Paradigm speakers, but an AB test forced me to pull out a couple hundred more to upgrade to the Arcam gear. I hope this provides years of listening enjoyment.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 658
Hope you are enjoying your system.
You can tweak them to sound better.

One way is to get a power conditioner like oneac form ebay (bigger the better in amp measurement)

Another is room treatment - experiment with putting pillows behind the speakers, and see if you like the sound.

If your room is not carpeted, and doesn't have many fluffy furnitures like sofas and a bed, you will benefit from treating your room.

If you like the sound as much as you did at the shop, you are ok. If not, the room treatment is your solution.

You can google search and read upon it.

Enjoy your music,

If you want to upgrade later, you might want to save money by buying them used at www.audiogon.com

Most of the stuff are well taken care - at less than half the price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us