SA-HT05 Digital Audio Problem

Username: Elmorbr

Post Number: 1
I bought a refurbished Pansonic SC-HT05 system from Overstock.com. Until recently I had connected all components (DVD, game systems, ReplayTV, digital cable, etc) via RCA A/V cables. I recently bought a new TV and have decided to start using digital audio cables to connect the digital audio-enabled components. The system will play digital-quality audio for short periods of time (anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 minutes) and then the sound will just stop. Reseting the receiver will usually get the audio to come back on, but then the problem just repeats and usually with shorter and shorter intervals. RCA inputs still seem to work as normal; this only seems to occur when using a digital cable. It is unlikely that this is a component problem as it's happened with both a Samsung DVD and a Motorola HD-cable box. I have a number of questions regarding this issue.

1) Has anyone else had a similar problem? I found an archived post from February 24th of this year (https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/124499.html) regarding a similar problem but it was never resolved.

2) The amp/power unit is not located in the receiver itself, it's in the subwoofer. Would this likely be a problem with my receiver or the subwoofer? The receiver is much cheaper to replace since it's really only a connection hub.

3) Has anyone had this problem on non-panasonic (specifically SC-HT05/07) systems?

I hope I have explained everything clearly. Please email me (elmorbr@yahoo.com) if you have any suggestions/solutions. Thanks for your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us