Yamaha DVC6760 and other Yamaha changers

Claimsguy
Unregistered guest
I have not really been able to find any reviews on this family of universal changers. Please post your experiences w/ any of them. How would they compare w/ the Pioneer 578 single disc universal player. The Yamaha's go for about $200 for the changers while the Pioneer can be had for $130's.
Quality wise, which one is the best bang for the buck. I am looking for the best combination of hi-rez audio w/ non-hd video playback.

I have an older denon avr1601 that the unit I buy will be hooked upto. Thanks for your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Sulfur

Post Number: 61
I don't think the 6760 is universal. It does NOT play DVD-Audio according to the Yamaha 04/05 catalog I saw online. Scroll down to page 31:

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/catalogs/cat_pdfs/genecata_U.pdf

I too was browsing for reviews online for the S1500 and C750 changer but didn't find much. I have not heard them in person but on paper I did not like the SNR @ 105 dB & DR @ 95 dB. Although they don't necessarily mean much anyways.

shok
Unregistered guest
C750 plays everything

Steve Cinquegrana
Unregistered guest
I've just bought the Yamaha DVD-C750. Both Neil Young DVD-As I own - ones I bought the player expressly for! - won't play and lock up the unit so that it has to be unplugged for 15 seconds. When it locks up, not even the power button will work.

So it's going back and I'm now back to looking for a reliable, good-sounding multi-format player.

Unregistered guest
Same thing happened with me-- Neil Young DVD-Audio locks up Yamaha c750. I dont get it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us