Holy Cow

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 911
Anyone who researches subs, and doesnt buy SVS must have a screw loose.

my 2 cents for the night.

You could spend a lot more for a 'micro' nothing sub, but if you want the real thing, theres only one place to shop.

Bronze Member
Username: Gtsum

VA

Post Number: 28
Hey Paul,

Have been reading about your experiences with the new SVS sub...congrats! Sounds like you really like it. I am looking for a new sub as well - currently running NAD separates with Von Schweikert speakers all around - have a Paradigm Servo 15 as the sub, but am thinking I new "oomph"! My family room is large - 24 ft x 16 ft - two stories tall. I am leaning towards the SVS PB2 Ulltra or the B4, but wondered what the Plus would do in my size room...it sounds like you are like me - you like to feel the base in your chest, in your ears, etc when watching a movie or when cranking the music...do you think the Plus would do suffice? (obviously the plus or the ultra would better benefit the pocket book then the B4!) Good luck with the new toy also!
Shaun

Bronze Member
Username: Gtsum

VA

Post Number: 29
Make that the PB12/Ultra 2...sorry for the mistype!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 915
Shaun,
You would be happy with either model. Me personally?? I would try the pb12/ultra2 first, and you could always exchange it for the B4 if it isnt everything you anticipated. Whatever you do decide apon, be prepared for a really big sub.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/136710.jpg
That's a pic of my son standing next to it along with one of my surrounds. Even though the dimensions are clearly listed on the SVS website, until you see it in person, it's hard to comprehend how large this sub really is.

As for my experience, this is truly a monster, and I only have the gain set a little over 1/3. It's definitely capable of a lot more in a much larger room than my 20x25.

My movie of the night was Star Wars "Attack of the Clones", and it was the first time I've watched it with the new sub. Wow.....It's like an entirely new experience!! The bass is so effortless, and the SVS doesnt even break a sweat during peak moments. It's truly incredible the way it creats such powerful effects, but in a very clean and accurate way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us