Where to buy affordable speaker stands

Username: Brandon_b

Post Number: 4
I'll be getting some B&W 601s3 speakers pretty soon and I wondered if you guys knew where I could get some stands for a good price. I wanted to keep it around $50 because any more than that and It makes me feel like I should be spending the money on better speakers. Of course then I'd still need speaker stands. :-) Anyway where are the good bargains in stands

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 188
You could start here.
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=227

Gold Member
Username: Rick_b

New York USA

Post Number: 1127
Brandon,

Go to www.audioadvisor.com

Look up the selection of speaker stands, and look for the Sanus Basic Foundations 3 stands. Good luck.

Username: Onyxwulf

Post Number: 5
I just bought the 602S3's and found some nice stands at Magnolia that were about $75 a piece and were VERY sturdy, steel and black. I didn't want to buy something online as I wanted to see and feel the quality to make sure that they were nice.

My 1.5 year old can do a number to anything not tied down. I can get you the brand name when I get home if you like?

Anonymous

Ikea.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 471
Brandon,

other good sources of quality speaker stands at good prices:

cousinsvideo.com
accessories4less.com
buy.com

Also do a Froogle or Google search for Wood Technology stands, they are often sold at very low prices especially their MDF stands.

Accessories4less carries some beautiful handmade all-metal Standesign models, the 16" one is in your price range.

Bronze Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 69
www.racksandstands.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
I liked the selection at racksandstands.com but thought their prices were quite high. They seem very reputable though. Kind of like Crutchfield.com

Bronze Member
Username: Audioholic

Post Number: 53
Brandon, don't skimp on the stands. A cheap stand can allow the entire speaker to move as much as 30x the tweeters movement and rob you of low frequency reproduction. If your buying good speakers, buy good stands. Preferably something sand fillable. Sand is more dense than lead shot and won't allow the stands to "ring" as much, if the stands are metal. Easy enough to hear the dif....just buy two sets of stands....one cheapo set and one really good set. Return the ones you don't like. Make sure you get the proper height on the stands. Varies some from maunfacturer but in general, you want the tweeters about ear level. Check your owners guide to be certian.
Parts express offers some decent product at a reasonable price. Ultimate support out of Denver is several steps up, yet not tooooooo expensive. Good luck.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 464
For my money Paul is right. I have decent sand fillable stands but at one time years ago I had very good stands and they make a big difference. I have not yet filled my stands but when I do the difference will be significant. A friend of mine told me that you can fill the stands with kitty litter and they will sound good. Who knows. My premier stands were only $100 per pair.

Silver Member

Post Number: 517
Brandon,

Just got these in and absolutely LOVE them:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009W5R9

I paid $83 direct from Amazon, it looks like you can get it for a little bit less from their associated merchants now.

They were a snap to put together, look great, and are very stable. The 30" height is perfect, really opens up the sound of my Ascends.

Now I just have to find someplace around here to buy sand from! (scratches head)

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 469
http://www.standsandmounts.com/

Username: Brandon_b

Post Number: 5
Edster You can pick up sand at home depot or most other hardware type stores. Just ask for "playground sand" it's super cheap. Thanks for all the selections guys. Looks like I'll be busy sorting through these places!

Brandon

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 945
My advice is to buy speakers that dont require stands. Geesh, just what I need is one more thing my dog or kids can tip over.

Get a pair of sturdy towers for up front.

Silver Member

Post Number: 548
thanks Brandon, to Home Depot I go.

I assume lead pellets or buckshot would be a heck of a lot more costly, right?

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 950
You could always dig up some dirt to fill your speakerstands.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 191
..and grow mushrooms at the same time.
Play Sand from the usual home improvement stores is generally preferred.

Silver Member

Post Number: 551
well, the magic type wouldn't be too bad...I'd be ready for some Cerwin Vegas after ingesting a handful of those, HEH!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us