NAD T773: Hiss problem solved

Username: Ht_addict

Post Number: 1
Hey All, I'm new to the forum so this problem/solution may have already been discussed. For that I apologize. Well anyway, I just picked up a T773 in a trade and after hooking it up I was getting a loud hiss from my speakers. Depending on the input I choose the hiss would get louder. Only one that didn't have it was Enhanced Stereo II. So after a couple of minutes cursing and swearing, telling myself I shouldn't have made the trade, I began to trouble shoot the problem. On the back of the receiver are jumpers that are plugged into the Main In/Audio pre-outs from the top to the bottom(excluding Sub 1/2 preout). I removed all the jumpers and now the hiss is gone to the point that my ear has to be next to the speakers tweeter to hear. Has anyone else with this receiver removed the jumpers to solve the problem? What is the purpose of the jumpers in the first place?

ht_addict

Bronze Member
Username: Dary

Sao Paulo Brazil

Post Number: 65
Great! Have you checked if you still can hear any input source? If you don't, just replace the jumpers so the pre-power connection is restablished. Well, at least you traced the problem to the pre/pro section.
Regards

Anonymous

The jumpers connect the preamp to the power amp. If you remove those there will be no signal to the speaker of course no hiss. Try playing a cd without the jumpers and let us know.... of course no sound, meaning the hiss is not yet solve.

good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us