Help with Yamaha HTR-5550 optical inputs

John King
Hello,

This is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but I really could use some help with my receiver. I can't seem to get any kind of sound out of my receiver when using the optical connection from my DVD player. I hooked the DVD player up to a TV with a digital connection and it's putting out sound while playing a DVD, but when I hook it up through the receiver I'm not getting anything. I know the DVD player is putting out a signal because when I only have the digital cable hooked up I and I set the receiver to analog I get a lot of static (unprocessed digital signal). Also, when I run the test cycle I'm getting a lot of static from my speakers. I don't know if I'm interference from somewhere or what. If anybody has a cheat sheet on how to configure the receiver to get it working I would really appreciate it.

Max
Hey,
Dont you have a manual? Well you tried messing with the input selector right? This may sound dumb but is it in the optical 'in'? Other than the input selector I really dont know? Somebody should though..Good luck...

John King
Yes, I have a manual and I have followed it. It is in the optical "in." I've been through the input selector where you assign each jack a component and I've made sure that the optical wire is plugged into the optical jack assigned to the DVD player on the receiver. Are there any websites out there where somebody has their configurations listed? Thanks.

Max
Hey,
Have you tried e-mailing Yamaha? If not I know a forum that would give you some more advice because it has alot of Yamaha users. Try posting this question in the Misc. section of the ESPguitars.com forum, it is a guitar forum but they know alot about yamaha so you will probably get more help there!! Check it out,
Max

You need to triple check everything. Make sure the end of the cable is clicking into the dvd player and the receiver. Make sure your dvd input is using the optical input for the dvd player and not the anolog one. I would recommend unhooking the dvd player and hooking it back up to make sure there are not any obivous problems that we all seem to overlook because they are just too simple. Go through all of the setup again using your manual after you have done that to ensure everything is right. Give that a shot and let us know how it goes.

Max
Hey,
Thanks rydogg I knew this guy needed your help!!
I hope it works out for him. Peace
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us