Energy Connoisseur C-7 with Denon 3803?

Username: Rutlanda

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 3
I have come to a point where I am ready to replace my front speakers. I currently have a denon 3803 with a Polk CS400i center and Angstrom Modular 2 (Canadian) rears. I have sold my Dunlavy SM-1s I had in the front. As much as I hated to get rid of them, I finally realized I would not be able to afford the grade of amplification they required. They had also began to sound too cold and clinical if that makes any sense. So, that said, I have $1000 to spend on the new fronts. Right now I am looking at the Energy Connoisseur C-7s with an Integra 100wpc power amp ($300). My local dealer, The Soundshop in Colorado Springs, has the C-7s marked at 40% off making them $598. I would like to find out if anyone is using the Energys with the Denon and/or what your recommendations may be if I were to go another direction. Thanks for your help.

Josh Young
Unregistered guest
I use Energy C-5s with a slightly older Denon Receiver (1082) in my family-room theater, and I must say I love the combo (as do all my friends). I looked at both the C-5s and the C-7s and had a preference for the 5s - I felt the larger drivers offered better warmth and depth than the smaller drivers on the 7s. An added bonus is that the drivers are matched with the C-3s I use in the rears.

But that's a great price on the C-7s, and you wouldn't go wrong using them with the Denon. If, however, your local store is offering the same discount on the C-5s you should do a comparison of the 2.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us