Klipsch RF-5 vs. Energy C-9

S. Mar
Unregistered guest
I have a Klipsch RW-12 subwoofer, and am thinking about buying a pair of either the Klipsch RF-5, or the Energy C-9 tower speakers for the main speakers. I listen primarily to contemporary jazz and blues. What is the difference in their sound characteristics? Although I like the "open" sound of the Klipschs', I am a little concerned that they might be a bit bright and harsh for a long period of listening, but I also don't want a "dead" sounding speaker. My center and rear Speakers are made by Rebus (CA company). Recommendations? (I have an older pair of tower Haflers)

Miguel
Unregistered guest
If you like livelyness but are sensitive to a harsh sound then take a listen at Monitor Audio Silver 8 speakers. They retail for the same price as the RF5s and based on your options you may be shopping at The Good Guys (they carry Monitor too) if not then look around and you may find them in your area as well. Good Luck

Bronze Member
Username: Avman

Kansas City, MO US

Post Number: 21
if the klipsch and energys is all you have available or you just didnt like miguel option,
I would go with the energys i think the Klipsch are a little to harsh, and way to directional.

the energy seem to have a nicer stage and image

good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us