Anyone using HK 33/3480

XT
Unregistered guest
Hi ,

I'm thinking about one of these two HK's stereo receivers models .Not considering their power differences ( 80 watts is more than enough here ) , is there any " musical " advantage going to 3480 ?
I've read some posts at other places about some issues regarding the Treble with both HK models , anyone knows something about that ?

TIA

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 544
Not sure if the 3380 has a subwoofer pre-out, you might want to look into that.

XT
Unregistered guest
Yes it also has . Have you listened to one of them ? How do they sound ?

Thanks in advance Edster922

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
I briefly heard the 3480 at a local Tweeter, loved it.

I doubt you can find it locally for under the $300 shipped price that jandr.com has on it.

XT
Unregistered guest
Hi again Edster . We've talked in the past but I lost my password and I'm posting here as " XT " .

Well , the good news is that you liked its sound . The bad news is that , here in Brazil , model 3380 costs US$864 and model 3480 costs US$1138 - no refund option : buy it and like it . :-)

Anyway I think that even the 3380 ( I don't need 120watts really ) would be a nice replacement to my Onkyo TX-8511 .

Regards and thanks

P S : And if anyone here owns HK 3380 or the 3480 I would like to hear opinions ... I'll have pay for any of the HKs stereo receivers much more than you would pay for a Integrated Rotel 1062 in US ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 550
$1138...holy mother****ing cow!!!

I suggest finding a cheap airfare to the US and smuggling it back in your check-in luggage, you'd probably still come out ahead by a couple hundred.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 376
you are getting really ripped off if you can only get it at over $1000. i have the 3480 and got it from jr.com for $300 i believe. i enjoy the reciever. cant give you a comparison cause frankly, i havent listened to anything else. sorry, but the price sounds outrageous.

Username: Jorge59

Rio de JaneiroBrasil

Post Number: 8
Hi XT,
I also live in Brazil (RJ) and know well that a receiver cost 3 times the US price. Never seen a place selling HK in Rio. I'm going to US next July and have ordered a Marantz 8400 at Ubid, by unbelievable $500, shipped. I'm picking it up in NJ and I'm seriously considering bringing also a set of Ascend/Hsu speakers (all under Ed's recommendation - thanks BTW). Travelling with the family I can bring up to $2.000, so I'll upgrade my HT.

XT
Unregistered guest
Hi Jorge ,

In Rio , Modern Sound is the semi-official dealer .Marantz are pretty musical , I've owned two , but its support in Brazil sucks indeed ( Syncrotape ,SP ).
As Edster said - and you confirmed - the most competitive AV dealer here is an airplane .

G. Dark
Unregistered guest
I bought a 3480 last winter. Haven't really put it through its paces, yet, but what I've heard so far is sweet.

Is it legal for you to buy one "used" and have it shipped from the U.S.?

XT
Unregistered guest
Hi G. Dark

Thanks for your input . No , I think that I couldn't import an used or an unused one , only the dealers can .
But , I'm sure that if I could the taxation and the bureacracy would be terrible .In the end it would be the same money and lots of time .

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us