Frozen / freezing IPOD solution

Username: Mhz

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 4
Guess what ... i finally found the solution!
The Mac technician said i'll need to replace the board which is more than half the price of my IPOD. So i decided to give it my best.

all this while i was treatin it like an IPOD & was thinkin that the harddisk could have a problem i.e. bad sector something. But then I treated it like a hard disk. So I'm guessing that this should work with all IPODs that come with harddisk.

I'm using windows XP, so I don't know how it's gonna work for Mac users.
But I guess they kinda have similar applications like scan disk/error checking.

So this is what you do... I'm gonna tell ya all I did.

Backup your music.
Remove all IPOD Application (i.e. I Tunes, Ipod updater ... etc)
Restart your computer
Plug you ipod and format it (Goto "My Computer" right click on your IPOD and click on format. Do not select "Quick Format". The normal format took about 20 mins on my 30GB. File system should be Fat32)

Once you've formatted your IPOD unplug it from the computer & turn it off (hold "play" button for a few seconds and it should go off)

Installation
Get the CD that came along with your IPOD use that to install I Tune.
As you insert the Disk, the autorun starts the installation wizard while that's progressing plug in your ipod. And your computer will re-install it.
After the installation is complete your IPOD wil have the the factory settings & the firmware. Even after you format your IPOD it still has the factory firmware.

Note: The old I Tunes (green icon) might not work because you had a newer version on your computer before.

This is where I disconnected my ipod and scrolled around played games, tried in and out of menu's and it was working perfectly. That's when I installed the new iTunes.
But I did not update the firmware because that's what caused my IPOD to start freezing.

Hope this works for ya guys. I know how it feels without music. I'm so addicted to it!

If your IPOD is just occasionally frozen, to restart hold the menu + center button for 10 secs

If you have any questions feel free to email me devil_mehroz@hotmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us