Buying a marantz 8400 on ebay

Bronze Member
Username: Suppal138

Post Number: 12
how safe is buying a receiver on ebay. the sellers are highly rated and the sale is for a new factory sealed marantz 8400 receiver for $650. Includes a 3 year factory warrenty. Will this hold up if I buy from ebay?

Also how does the Marantz 8400 compare with the Denon 3805. I heard the Marantz with a pair of KEF Q5s which I am buying. Sounded awesome. The power on the Denon is more. The prices are comparable (except on ebay).

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 438
I see the ubid units are quickly making their way to ebay...

I honestly don't know if the warranty is transferable like that.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 342
I don't know if the warranty will hold up, but I'm told by my friend who is an authorized Marantz dealer that they will not.

Scorpius
Unregistered guest
authorize sellers only can activate the warranty!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Suppal138

Post Number: 13
I thought as much. It just sucks to think of paying about 1000$+ for a unit that was lapped up recently for less than 500$.

Any comments regarding comparing Marantz with Denon

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 475
"I thought as much. It just sucks to think of paying about 1000$+ for a unit that was lapped up recently for less than 500$. "

True, however if the unit happens to "die" near the end of the warranty and you get a new replacement... You do the math.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 443
Kano wrote:

True, however if the unit happens to "die" near the end of the warranty and you get a new replacement... You do the math.

That argues for buying two of them at $500 rather than one at $1000. Surely the odds of it breaking down are less than 100%?

Unregistered guest
Onkyo 702 ,is it 6,1 or 7,1. have reed different infos on it.Wich is true? Michael

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 364
The 602 is 7.1 so I'm sure the 702 would be too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us