Need help from Thailand

Username: Newbie1

Nontaburi Thailand

Post Number: 1
Hi I'm from bangkok, Thailand. I'm confuse how to calculate total amp load (ohm) for a pair of dvc sub.

Ex. For DVC 2 ohm sub (4 ohm/pcs) what is total amp load for a pair? How can they use with 1 or 4 ohm stable class D amp?

I need comment on these three systems which one would give the best overall SQ/SPL? I like to listen to jazz, hiphop, techno, pop.

1) T15004 (RF X162S X 4) + T20001BD (T212D2 X 2)
2) MC4004M (165K2P X 4) + JL1000/1 + 10W7 X 2
3) MC4004M (165K3P X 2) + MC4004M (165K3P X 2) + JL1000/1 + 10W7 X 2

Would 12W6V2 better match F/R than 10W7?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3263
im confused by all the setups you mentioned lol, but what is your price range, but to calculate ohms its like this.

if you have a svc sub that is 4 ohm, its 4 ohm, stays like that correct? yes! LOL
IF you add another of the same sub, so u have a 2 SVC subs that are 4 ohms a piece, you can keep each as 4 ohms to there own channel on an amp, or wire them together in parallel to 2 ohms, or in series, to 8 ohms, by wiring them in certain ways. If u add a 3rd SVC sub that is 4 ohms, you do this. either keep them alll and wire them to there own channel, or wire them together like this. Para/Series, to get 4 ohms, Or Para/Para to get 1 ohm, or Series Series to get 16 ohms. OK, if u get lost just ask lol.

Now lets move on to DvC and QvC subs.
If you have 1 DVC 4 ohm sub, you can wire it in para or series, and you HAVE TO DO THIS, you cant wire it as if it were 2 seperate subs and each one to a different channel on an amp,. In para=2 ohms, series=8 ohms, if you add another dvc sub.
2 DvC 4 ohm subs, para/para, 1 ohm, series series 16 ohms, para/series, 4 ohms,

3 DVC 4 ohm subs, para/para/para=1 ohms, series series series, 32 ohms, or go to www.jlaudio.com tutorials then wiring section to figure it out

Nontaburi Thailand

Post Number: 2
I'm not completely understand but I have some idea, thanks Subfanatic.

My current set up

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9815
Front: Focal 165K2 (change tweeter to 2" disc from JM Lab)
Rear: Focal 165k2
Sub: RFD 12" only 1pcs

I run F/R with Mcintosh MC431 (100W X 4) and sub with RF 250M2 (bridge 600W)

Rockford is out of my head. Focal & Dynaudio are much better.

I'm thinking between a pair of 13W6V2 and 13W7.
Are they a lot different in SQ? Which one blend in better with my current system?

Question

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 213
that sounds like a beautiful setup , go with one 13w6v2 with only 600 watts though, you don't want to under power jl.

Nontaburi Thailand

Post Number: 3
I have the same system set up in Mercedenz S500 W140 and BMW E36. It sound lound and clear in BMW but soft in a Merc. I think the size of passenger compartment and trunk seal has to do with it.

I sold a beamer so no lound and clear system to listen to anymore. I want to upgrade system in a Merc with either two combo.

Combo 1

two 13W6V2's with one JL 1000/1

Combo 2

two 13W7's with two JL 1000/1's.

Question:

Which combo should be enough for good SQ and SPL? Anyone experience these two set up in big passenger car?

When I listen to 10W0 in a friend's CIVIC my ear was hurt after 30 minutes. JL goes much deeper and punch harder than RF

I don't want base to overwhelm vocal/midrange and overspend on amp and sub.

Thanks

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 221
does that seat drop down???

Nontaburi Thailand

Post Number: 4
CIVIC or Merc?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3272
well its like this man, your already spending WAY more than you should. Everyone thinks jl is the best on the market, NO! They are great no doubt, i love them, but i like eclipse alot more for the money, since eclipse gets LOUDER and CLEAERER, because your in bangkock is that why your getting JL? or can u get Eclipse???

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 222
if the seat drops down in the merc then get one w7 with one 1000/1 if it doesnt double up and make sure you tighten all the bolts!lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3274
haha.

Nontaburi Thailand

Post Number: 5
Thanks Joseph I get the picture :-)

Eclipse vanish from the shelf and I only listen to them once at car show 6-7 years ago.

We only have one authorized distributor for each brand. You have to buy them through dealers to get warranty.

The lowest price I can find not from dealer but have distributor warranty

Kicker L7 12" - $400/pcs
JL12W6V2 - $550/pcs
JL13W7 - $700/pcs
RFT2212 - $700/pcs

So, to get a pair it cost $800 - $1,400 that why I can't make mistake.

When I see prices online they all look cheap compare to here but most can't ship int' Bummer!!!

PS.

Majority brands for subs are JL, JBL, MTX, Massive, RF, Crossfire, Phoenix Gold, Focal, MMAT

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3281
dude, i just remembered, order RE, www.reaudio.com. they ship ANY where in the world and are one of the greatest car audio componaies when it comes to customer service. Some guy in india bought a 12 inch x.x.x from them they sent it to him, he realized he needed dual 4 in stead of dual 2, and they paid for the shipping back and shipped him a new one at NO cost. THey are great. there sub prices go like this from 80-480 bucks plus shipping
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us