Onkyo txsr601, or Nad T743, or Denon 1804

Anonymous

Please give me some advice on what to get to pair with my Polk floor standing speakers. I am more inclined to music than HT. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Username: Gpower

Bedford, NS Canada

Post Number: 3
This is like odd man out. All three are great. If your going HT at all, I like the Onkyo. Reputation, Relaibility, Features, High current switching. Give it a real good audition.

Bronze Member
Username: Blazer

Post Number: 15
Which Polk floor models are you using? Onkyo matches well with Polk but Onkyo doesn't start using higher quality parts until their 800 series receivers. Between those 3 I'd go for the 743 or 742 if you can find one. Otherwise I'd jump up to the Onkyo 801. I've seen it advertised online for $750 - $1,000. THXselect, Netune, 7 channels, etc. Polk's new R series speakers sound quite good, and of course their LSI line is awsome. Although you won't find much talk about Polk/Onkyo on this forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 15
Onkyo 801 = 5*37W 8 ohm power...

Anonymous

thanks to all of you for the advice. i am right now test driving the denon 1804. it sounds good but i have a feeling onkyo would sound a little bit better. denon doesn't seem to sound so clear until you raise up the volume quite a bit. i heard that onkyo boasts about that thru its WRAT technology...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us