Looking to get rid of media center

Lt Mac
Unregistered guest
I have a Bose Lifestyle 35 system. (Never saw this board 3 years ago when I bought it). My question is this: Can I get rid of the media center and put in my own reciever and DVD player but keep the acoustimass module and speakers? It seems to me that there is a proprietary connection from the media center to the module. If it is proprietary is there anywhere I can buy an adapter or whatnot?

Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2969
You may be looking at this at the wrong angle. The problem lies not in the media center but the speakers. You may want to think of getting new speakers and then replace the media center.

However, if you want to change the media center and keep the speakers, you can always remove the speaker connections and use the bare wire to connect to your new receiver. The sound, however will not improve.

You can always sell the Lifestyle and start from scratch. The Bose will still fetch a good amount so cyou can use the proceeds from its sale and get a new system. There are people that really love Bose, I'm sure a lot of folks on ebay will gladly take it off your hands.

good luck:-)

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 245
Berny's right on. Doesn't the Lifestyle go for upwards of $2500-3000? You should easily get $1000 for it on eBay.

Even the $500 Onkyo 770 HTIB is sure to sound ten times better.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 246
Berny's right on. Doesn't the Lifestyle go for upwards of $2500-3000? You should easily get $1000 for it on eBay.

Even the $500 Onkyo 770 HTIB is sure to sound better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us