Which Denon Receiver to buy?

Username: Chrisdogmlb

Post Number: 3
hello everybody. I am just wondering which denon to buy to complement my system. I am looking between the avr 2105, avr 2805, and the avr 3805. They are rated 90, 100, and 120 watts a channel respectively. My speaker setup consists on JBL northridge speakers: EC25 center (150watts max/channel), E10 surround (100 watts max/channel), E60 front (175 watts max/channel), E250 subwoofer (550 watts max). I would like something to go well with these speakers. Also i am confused about the watts per channel reguarding if it is easier to blow speakers underpowering or overpowering them. The E10 obviously are my lowest power speakers in the setup, so they are my concern with the over or under powering question. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 462
Throw out the power concerns, realistically the only receiver you've listed which may be a concern will be the AVR-2105. There is no concern with overpowering any of your speakers. The only concern is pushing the amp too hard and clipping the signal to the speakers.

Compare the receivers features to narrow it down. Then listen to the difference in audio quality. For example, between the 2805 and 3805 - do the Burr Brown DACs and better processing make an audible difference to the sound you hear, and does it justify the higher pricetag.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us