Nad T743+C372 or T753

Dr.fee
Unregistered guest
Well the question is what is better-to go straight with T753 or to save little more and to buy combination of T743 and C372 for front speakers? I am wondering is it worth of extra cash and above all will C372 make up for lower specifications of T743 comparing to T753?

Bronze Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 64
Save even more and get the T742 $450 and a C352 $500. Actually, you don't need an integrated amp if you just want the added power and better specs for the front speakers.

Username: Landroval

Post Number: 1
With T743 you cant have DTS ES or DD EX and you cant upgrade it to 6.1 or 7.1. T753 is already 6.1 and it can be upgraded to 7.1. T743 is missing digital outputs and it doesn't have a detachable power cord, while T753 has.

I'm also stuggling with that same choice, T753 is a bit expensive, but it's also bigger and better and more future proof.

Username: Gatt767

Post Number: 1
I would go for the T753, first of all its more flexible in inputs/outputs, more powerfull, covers more formats for decoding and as said by landroval its more future proof!

Bronze Member
Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 41
Have their been less issues with the 743 than the 753? Any 743 users out there care to comment?

Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 9
743 owner here. No problems so far in the past month of listening (knock on wood. And again.)

One reason I went for the 743 is that it seemed there were less problems reported for the 74x series. This makes sense from the "keep it simple" philosophical p-o-v. Less fancy gadgetry to go wrong. The 743 delivers great music and sound, plain and simple.

Of course, the buyer will have to decide whether those extras are worth it. As a previous poster mentioned, the 743 doesn't have the latest features and only supports 5.1. But it fit my circumstance--a relatively small room not set up for speakers behind the sitting area. Also, very few dvds have a discrete 6th channel.

Unless you have a large room and/or very inefficient speakers, the 743 should have enough power to drive most systems.

No piece of electronics is "future-proof." They all become worth next to nothing sooner or later. I think the main question is: do you think shelling out the extra dough for a receiver or any other AV equipment is gonna bring you a proportional amount of enjoyment?

Bronze Member
Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 42
I only need 5.1 for now, and would eventually buy a second receiver if I picked up the 743. It would just get me by until manufacturers like NAD managed to have a problem-free lineup. My concern is that, while there may not have been many problems with the 742, the 743 has actually added a lot of new features, including freely assignable inputs and component video switching, which means more "fancy gadgetry" to go wrong.

Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 10
Darryl,

You're right about the 743 having more features than the 742, many of which are important enough IMO to pay an extra $150 over a 742 unit. In addition to those you mentioned, the 743 has an improved power supply, volume control, cooling system (I think), multiple cross-over points, a learning remote which is excellent by the way, and so on. However, these features were found on previous generations of upper end models so have been field-tested so to say.

Therein lies the problem with AV equipment. Unlike stereo equipment which has a relatively simple task. AV equipment has to do so much and adjust to constantly changing technology (how many dolby and dts formats are out there?) Its no wonder so many av receivers have bugs and glitches. I don't expect that to change as long as av technology keeps on changing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us