Speaker Selectors

Bronze Member
Username: Blarson

Post Number: 16
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question...
Anyhow, I would appreciate recommendations on speaker selectors. I have an old one (by Niles), but it looks like a piece of junk.
I'm not crazy about plugging my entire system through this thing, but given my setup I need one right now, so I would like to get the best one I can afford.
The problem is, I have seen very few out there. The two I have come across are made by Monster and Parasound. Both are about $100 USD, both look a little flimsy.
All I need is to separate 2 pairs of speakers. Built in volume control seems like a bad idea. ANyway, if anyone has any advice or commentary, it would be much appreciated.

Username: Tubetone

St. Louis , MO USA

Post Number: 2
All speaker selectors are built about the same through out different manufactures. If you want the best sound with out taxing your system you should get an autoformer. This will keep your amp at 8 ohms and won't just trick it like a speakerselector. Autoformers are about 300-400. That price wy dont you just get a seperate amp for the other speakers if you are worried about the sound. If I were you the best solution for the dollor is get 2 empedence matching volume controls. They will resist some of the power, but they don'e hurt the sound as much as you think. Unless your running speakers in the $1000 and up range. Hope that should help you out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us