Pioneer receiver

Unregistered guest
Hey

Im currently getting as much information as possible about receivers as im looking to buy in the near future.

Im currently looking at :

1- Pioneer VSX-AX10iG (American equivalent is the Pioneer Elite VSX-59TXi)

and the DVD player that matches,

2- Pioneer DV-S969AVI (American equivalent i think is the Pioneer Elite DV59-AVi).

I want to use it for both music and dvd films.

I am wondering if this really as good as they say it is, i have been to a lot of stores and spoken to a fair few people and most say this model is the receiver to look at buying without going into the really expensive stuff. I am wanting it to last at least 4 years, and i have been told it should have no problem lasting much more than 4 years (technology permitting).

Im keen on the iLink feature.

What are peoples thoughts, comments, opinions, or experiences with these products, also what others are recommended in this price range and the reasons?

Im not dead set on Pioneer hence the topic for discussion, but its looking like the one to go for. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Tim

Bronze Member
Username: Sgtpeper

Post Number: 67
I have the Elite 45tx I have paired it with monitor audio silver speakrs and an elite dv47ai dvd player. Out of all the other combos I heard TO ME this one sounded the best. NAD sounded wonderful as well but there was something to me that seemed missing or almost too precise making it not sound realistic - if that makes sense?
Denon I (and others) feel is dry, yamaha too bright. Harmon Kardon is another great brand that at the time was out of my price range. I do however loooove my PE and so does pretty much everyone on here that has one. I have heard very few bad remarks about these recievers.
HTH
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us