NAD t763 working great!

craigbrowne
Unregistered guest
For what it's worth, I finally made my decision and picked up a NAD t763 this weekend. While some things could be a little clearer in the documentation, setting it up went pretty smoothly. I got all my wiring switched over in short order and was up and running. It sounded great and none--repeat NONE--of the problems that many have commented on here. The next day I spent the extra time with my sound meter to get things calibrated, and all I can say is WOW! What a sweet machine! Definitely the right choice for me and my listening tastes. Rest assured that not all NADs have hum, hiss and pops. As a lurker here, it was very helpful to hear all of the insights shared on this site while making my decision. Thanks to all.

Username: Dabluz

Post Number: 1
Hey Craig,My 763 was working great until I switched surround formats from DTS to DD 5.1.The surrounds would quit working.If I shutdown and repowered they would work again.Everything else worked great and the sound was excellent with no hiss or hum.It's being shipped back today and hopefully a new one will be on the way.Enjoy your new toy.

Username: Seamus

Post Number: 5
Craig,
What speakers are you using ? It'll help other 'lurkers' like me who are torn between the T753 or 763 and the Marantz 7400.

Anonymous

Hi dabluz ,

I got the same thing on my T763, a loud pop sound when I switched from DD to DTS the first time and only that single time.
I just turn it off and then back on again and sins then I haven't have any problem at all with my T763.

I think you can avoid this problem if you do a "REBOOT" command as soon as you turn on your new T7x3 receiver.

Post Number: 2
I tried the reboot thing over and over and the surround speakers still would not work after changing surround modes.The reciever should not have to be rebooted constantly to work correctly.

Silver Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 287
Make sure you have chosen PCM for DTS in the player. The receiver has to do the best it can with the input signal.

Post Number: 3
I've tried PCM mode, and it makes no difference.The dealer talked to Nad about the problem and said it was the surround processor chip.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us