Sub question

Bronze Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 16
ok, is there a special name for a sub where you hook it to your amp, and then from the sub you can hook the satellite speakers? my amp doesnt have a sub out so im wondering if there are any like this. thanks

Username: Bonesnipe

Post Number: 5
it is more of a function of the sub itself than a certain type of sub. your looking for a high/low pass filter capability built into the sub. essentially your sub will strip the low freq's off and push them out of it's main bass driver. at the same time it will pass the high and mid to lower mid range freq's out to your sat. speakers for playback.
luck.

Username: Vision

Post Number: 1
I just received a Sony SA-WX700 subwoofer from ebay. I have no problem setting it up with my speakers but I need a way to plug it into my headphone jack. The instruction manual just talks about plugging it into an amp but I don't have the money for one.

Does anyone know how i can solve this problem. Someone told me i can buy a cheap converter from radioshack but I don't know if this will work.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 444
Unusual (I've never seen or heard of one) for sub to have headphone jack capability. Plugging it into receiver would normally be for it to receive (not to output) a signal. What do you have it connected to?

Post Number: 2
I'm used to the cheaper subwoofers that come in home theater packages that are designed for computers or something. I had a fairly entry level cambridge soundworks system from 2002 that consisted of a small main unit with a cd drive and 2 small sattelite speakers with a fairly small subwoofer. The sub blew out on me so I got a new one.

I mangaged to get hold of one of my friends who is into all this audio stuff and he said the sub wasn't designed for computers but i can get an RCA to headphone jack adaptor so I think i'm just going to do that.

Post Number: 3
Ok now I got my RCA adapter and the speakers dont work. I got the subwoofer to work fine and i plugged in the speakers to it correctly but they just dont work.

i think they are registering because if i connect one terminal into the subwoofer and then touch the end of the other wire the speaker gives a humming noise. I have used the regular speaker wires and the ones that came with the subwoofer and it makes no difference.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Post Number: 4
Any Ideas?

I emailed sony and the nobcheese just told me to read the instruction manual on how to connect the speakers which I specified in my email that I already had. I sent a reply yesterday but got no reply yet.

Post Number: 5
Ok I think my problem is sorted now. I manged to find an online chatroom for customer support and the guy told me I need speakers that are 3ohms thatm atch the sub and also to get an amp :/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us