What is the best chose? Philips CDR-800 or Pioneer PDR-W839?

Anonymous

I want buy a audio cd recorder, because I don't like the sound of computer burned cd's. I want know of those two decks, what is the best at doing accurate cd copies (COPIES VIRTUALLY INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM THE SOURCE CD). I know that PIONEER has more smart features like FADE IN/FADE OUT, possibility of add post gaps if you desire, possibility of insert ID to skip tracks you don't want to listen, etc. However, although I like those features, I want know which do better cd copies and which is bettter at tracks access speed(from the first track to the last of a disc), and also which is more quiet during the read of a cd(internal mechanisms noises). Thanks.

Sam Haidar
Unregistered guest
I think that Philips knows a lot about CD technology.
First, Philips has co-invented CD with Sony so they are supposed to know more about the format than any other brand.
Second some highly reputable cd recorders like Marantz and Denon (Denon CDR-W1500 - actually altough Denon is well reputated in audiophiles domains, their cd recorders are pretty poor speaking of recording quality and the only exception is the CDR-W1500) have Philips CD transports and optical laser pick-ups.
Yes, I have a Philips CDR-820 audio CD recorder and altough it didn't work well with TDK CD-R (I haven't had problems with TDK 74 and 80 min. CD-RW discs) it works quite well with Fuji, Philips, Sony and Emtec(ex-BASF) 74 and 80 min. CD-R and CD-RW discs and the copies are indistinguishable from the source almost always and its mechanism during CD play, track search and burn operations is very quiet and has quick track shifts from one track to another.
Anyway I know that Pioneer is also good at producing accurate CD copies like the Philips and altough not as quiet as the Philips it is has much more recording edit options. (My cousin has a pioneer PDR-W839 and so I was able to test it , before I has decided to buy the Philips CDR-820, as I also has needed a new good sounding CD player and the Philips is in fact the best sounding of the two).
Finally, interesting coincidence the fact of you don't know, if you will choose Philips or Pioneer, the same problem that I have had two years ago. By the way, I think that now the Sony RCD-W500C is also another good option, altough it seems it has problems with 80 min CD-R discs as reported in this site.

Sam Haidar
Unregistered guest
P.S - The Denon CDR-W1500 is the only Denon audio cd recorder that has Philips transport and optical pick-up.

Username: Chale21

Odessa, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Symphonic DVD Player/DVR, Model CSHP80G. I was wondering if anybody out there would know if I can use this device to record off a mixing board, save recordings and then burn on a cd.
Thanks

Username: Akoko_akoko

London, United Kingdom Surrey UK

Post Number: 1
Using a Phillips CDR-800 Audio Recorder, I recorded some tracks from three CDs in the CD Changer tray onto a Sony CD-R audio disc in the Recorder tray. I used the 'Programming Track Numbers' and 'Recording a Program', and I believe that my 60 minute program was successfully copied. But then it locked, diplaying 'UPDATE', and the inset Record window reads 'RECORD IN PROGRESS', 'FINALIZE CDR'. I have tried all the switches including the Easy Jog which alternates only between 'UPDATE' and 'RECORDING' but it has not yet 'unfrozen'. Turning off the power has not helped. Is there a Wizard out there to tell me what to do to get out of this 'sweet' jam?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us