Klipsch with Denon?

Username: Heliman

Post Number: 2
I currently have Klipsch speakers RF3, RC3, RCW5 & RSW12. I am looking for new receiver/DVD (had Yamaha RX-V800 originally and not too impressed but its OK) for my newly built home theater room (24x15) and have been considering the Denon 3805 & DVD-2900. I have not been able to audition the new 3805 yet and wonder if anyone has feed back on how this receiver sounds?

Will the new Denon 3805 sound too bright w/ Klipsch?

I am looking for the best receiver / universal DVD with a fire-wire like feature for SACD & DVD-audio in this price range for music & HT.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Sony KDF-60XBR950? This maybe my TV choice......

Any thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 249
My long time Klipsch dealer has sold Denon, Elite and Sonyes for many years and I have heard the Klipsch with each several times for long periods and always thought the Denon/Klipsch combo was very bright and shrill when compared to the Klipsch/Elite combination. The Sony/Klipsch is too awful to even comment on. Klipsch need the warmest amp possible to combat their bright and at times harsh sound or they become very fatiguing. Try Elite, H/K and Marantz models. All much better match's with Klipsch than Denon. Denon/Paradigm would be ok. Denon/Klipsch; give me some earplugs! Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us