Digital Receivers

Bronze Member
Username: Jet2001

Post Number: 33
I was wondering if any of you had any opinions on digital receivers. I'm looking to upgrade and I've heard that some digitals have had problems, but when they do work, their sound is more crisp than analog.

I'm a Sony fan (hey, I saw you wrinkle you nose) and am looking at the STR-DA3000ES. I know most of you guys aren't Sony fans, but they have done me well for over 12 years and I'd like to stick with them. My biggest question is your opinions on digital receivers...are they the future of receivers or are they another fad in the world of electronics?

Bronze Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 54
They are the future indeed. I heard a $230 JVC RX-F10 a few months ago and it had truly amazing clarity, detail and openness I had never heard in receivers that cost 5 times as much.

There are humongous threads on all digital receivers at hometheaterforum.com and avsforum.com and I think audiocircle.com too just go to those sites and do a search.

The Sony ES receivers are much much better than the entry level Best Buy Sony receivers, but poor value for the money IMHO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us