Dealers..

Username: W00b

Post Number: 10
i have a question about dealers, say a website lists circuit city as a dealer for their products in my area.. does this mean i can call them and order the model i want from them? i usually don't see any of this stuff lying around circuit city, but it still lists their address as a dealer.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1859
yea they will custom order it for you

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3298

Most large chain stores are set up with a decending order of priority based on the demographics of the store's location and the expected product mix that will sell in that location. If a store is arranged as an A, B and C store system, the A store will often be the only store that carries most of the product that is listed by manufacturers. The A store will have the widest selection and the most high end/high priced product mix. The B stores will carry less product and the C store will have less than that. Most chains will not let the C stores order outside the assigned SKU's for that store. There will be an A store close enough in the area and you will be referred to that store for special products. If the store does not have a SKU in their system for any product in a manufacturer's line, they usually can't order that product. Many manufacturer's will list stores that only carry partial line product and many stores will list products they can only special order. It looks impressive to see lots of retailers selling your product, and it looks impressive to see lots of lines listed as being carried by a smaller store.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us