H/K AVR 430 and sub question

Bronze Member
Username: Svendehot

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 11
Hello,

I recently purchased the 430 and I have it hooked up to some, I know it sounds idiotic; Sony mini hi fi speakers at 6-16 ohms. I am going to purchase some new speakers really soon. But I also hooked up a pioneer sub (100 watts 8inch cone) to the line level output. But, the out put of the sub is next to nothing when I listen to music. I have turned the sub level to +10. I have it connected with a digital coaxial cable. I want you guys to tell me everything I need to know like if I should disconnect the speakers and just turn the unit off until I buy new speakers and about the sub!

Thanks, and please do not be modest I would really appreciate your full input! Flame ON!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2858
Is it a powered sub?
You should hook that up to the subwoofer output (or LFE) of the HK430. Then when you do the speaker set up, turn the subwoofer to ON.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2859
It should be in the back under "pre-outs" subwoofer. On the lower left had corner of the back of your receiver. Then follow the set-up configuration on your manual. Page 9 of your manual, number 4.

cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Svendehot

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 12
Yeah man, i have done that it is throught the sub preoutput. the purple one. the sub is an active subwoofer. the sub settings are set to this. speakers large, sub as l+r/LFE. i mean, is it possible for there to be a problem with the in put of the sub or possibly its frequency response spl when it comes to it being less than 100 hertz?

thanks ben

Username: Stur

Midland, Texas USA

Post Number: 7
It's possible that youy have a bad connecting cable. I had this once .. with a brand new cable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2866
set the speakers to small. Does the subwoofer have its own volume or gain control? Most powered subwoofers have their own volume controls.
And check your cable, like stu-r wrote.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us