Need to find best amp for subs

Username: Deenzflip

Post Number: 1
yea i just bought a pair of audiobahn aw1208t subs they run at 1500 watts rms i was wondering which amp would be better for them the a18001dt or the a2300hct if u dont know wha they are juss check out the website the specs are on it

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1743
ok they are each DVC 2 ohm, and they run at 1500 watts rms, but its audiobahn, so WHO knows honestly. so you have to run them together for a .5 ohm load, 2 ohm load, or an 8 ohm load i believe, so your going to need around 3000 watts rms at one of those loads, ill suggest the 2 ohm load as your best bet, or you can do them seperatly and run each one to a seperate amp that puts out near 1200-1500 watts rms into 1 ohm mono, or 1 ohm times 2, so the A18001DT is out, the A2300HCT is a pretty good bet if you want to do that, but also you could look into a Hifonics Brutus 1500D amp, its alot better than audiobahns POS amps, and subs, no offense they blow. you could also look into the JBL 1200.1 amps or Ed nine.1 amps they are both great amps and will be ALOT better than anything hifonics or audiobahn produces
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us